Sunday, June 21, 2009

You're Welcome (for Obama's Disapproval Rating)

From JammieWearingFool we learn:

The imperial president's honeymoon is over. Just imagine what his approval numbers would look like if 99% of the media weren't in his back pocket.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 32% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-four percent (34%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -2. That’s the President’s lowest rating to date and the first time the Presidential Approval Index has fallen below zero for Obama

Well. Yesterday I received a call. Normally I don't pick up calls when I don't recognize the number. But since it was a 214 area code and I have family in Dallas, I thought it might be someone I knew.

It wasn't.

It was Rasmussen. I was being robo-polled*.

So, when we see these results today, Obama's lowest approval rating yet, I have only two words:

You're welcome.


-------------------

*That link takes you to the JustOneMinute thread in which I commented (real-time!) about being robo polled. If one were so inclined, he or she could follow that link and then scroll down for some of my observations of the polling experience.

2 comments:

  1. I just found you from your link on JOM (I adore the comments in JOM - I rarely comment because I don't think I am as smart as all of you, but I sure learn a lot!)

    I love the name of your blog - it is perfect

    Anyway - I will bookmark your blog and link you on my blog even though I try to remain non-political on my blog so my relatives will still speak to me...Dorothy Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dorothy Jane! I've nearly completely given up blogging here, but the situation in Iran has proven irresistable.

    I'll probably still be good for photoshops from time to time, but that may be about it...

    See you back over at JOM, where I will be expecting more commentary from you (you're definitely smarter than me)!

    ReplyDelete