Sunday, July 10, 2011

Give a man a fish . . . teach a man to fish

Let's update the old proverb for today.

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat today. Teach a man to fish -- and take him fishing -- and he'll still be eating fish in July."

There are few things in life better than eating fish you caught yourself. I made some amberjack tacos today:

Amberjack Tacos

We caught this fish and many, many others during our spring break trip in April to celebrate my wife's parents' 50th anniversary. Good times, good times.

Still paying dividends.

By the way, forget my pic above, if you're interested in real chef-ery, please visit my sister in law's blog TheChefinMyHead.

And specific ChefinMyHead post from spring break HERE. One of the amberjacks in those photos was in my tacos and is now in my belly. Probably the one with the biggest smile.

2 comments:

  1. Is that plate for one, or two? i'm worried about you.

    When does Mrs hit return? you need guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Ate the every last bite on that plate.

    (you have to realize that I typically only eat once a day)

    ReplyDelete