Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Do Or Not Do -- There Is No Try

Obama on 60 Minutes with Steve Kroft, 2008:

KROFT: Why do you think you’d be a good president?

OBAMA: You know, I’m a, I’m a practical person. One of the things I’m good at is getting people in a room with a bunch of different ideas who sometimes violently disagree with each other and finding common ground and a sense of common direction.

Obama on WLWT-TV in Cincinnati, Ohio, 2012:

I suspect that most people … would acknowledge that I’ve tried real hard, and we just haven’t gotten the kind of willingness on the part of Republicans to engage on a whole range of issues that I wish had happened.

If getting people to work together was the reason Obama claimed that he would make a good president when asked directly -- and he admits he has not been able to accomplish that -- then by his own definition Obama has not been a good president. Not good presidents do not deserve reelection.

We'll give Obama a B+ for effort. And a participation ribbon for trying. He deserves that much.

(click image to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment