Wednesday, October 10, 2012

2012 Obama Deploys Trick That 2008 Obama Said Would Cause Voters To Stop Listening

Obama got crushed in the first debate. Everyone...left, right, center, up, down and diagonal knew it. Some of Obama's biggest fans were screaming at him for how bad he was, or practically crying uncontrollably as a result.

And yet, Obama walked away thinking he had won.

Now he's been told how thoroughly he was trounced -- so here come the excuses:

“I think it’s fair to say I was just too polite, because it’s hard to sometimes just keep on saying and what you’re saying isn’t true. It gets repetitive." ...President Obama said

Ace calls this the CritiBrag, which he describes this way:

...the claim of self-criticism which, oddly enough, winds up being a brag on one's virtue -- is kinda sorta complete 100% bullshit. Every time you've told a prospective employer that your "greatest failing" was that you "are too details-oriented" and "can't learn to separate myself from my work" you've deployed the CritiBrag.

Ah yes. As fate would have it, Obama actually called out Hillary and John Edwards for CritiBragging in 2008:

Obama poked fun at John Edwards and Hillary Clinton for their response to the "what is your weakness" question at the MSNBC debate. Obama said that he answered the question as an "ordinary person."

"Folks, they don't tell you what they mean!" exclaimed Obama.

"I thought that they meant 'what's your biggest weakness?!' So I said 'well you know I don't handle paper that well, you know, my desk is a mess, I need somebody to help me file and stuff all the time.'"

"So the other two they say well my biggest weakness is 'I'm just too passionate about helping poor people.' I am just too impatient to bring about change in America.'"

Obama joked, "If I had gone last I would have known what the game was. I could have said 'well you know I like to help old ladies across the street. Sometimes they don't want to be helped. It's terrible.'"

Back to Ace, who tells us the natural result of CritiBagging in an interview:

And your interviewer rolled his eyes. If not his visible ones, then internal one called the pineal gland.

Which -- and again, look at the fate -- agrees with how Obama viewed CritiBagging in 2008 as well:

Obama ended by calling Clinton's comments "tricks" and said voters will stop listening to politicians because of them.

2008 Obama was speaking that as a theory. 2012 Obama is learning it in practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment