Friday, April 3, 2009


I have a hard enough time trying to keep TheVIMH under control -- so I would never have undertaken this task.

Nick Robinson of the Guardian asked Obama a question at a joint press conference with him and Gordon Brown. Brown passed the ball to Obama, and the Guardian's John Crace transcribes not only Obama's verbal answer, but TheVIOH as well (*Language Warning*):

Nick Robinson: "A question for you both, if I may. The prime minister has repeatedly blamed the United States of America for causing this crisis. France and Germany both blame Britain and America for causing this crisis. Who is right? And isn't the debate about that at the heart of the debate about what to do now?" Brown immediately swivels to leave Obama in pole position. There is a four-second delay before Obama starts speaking [THANKS FOR NOTHING, GORDY BABY. REMIND ME TO HANG YOU OUT TO DRY ONE DAY.] Barack Obama: "I, I, would say that, er ... pause [I HAVEN'T A CLUE] ... if you look at ... pause [WHO IS THIS NICK ROBINSON JERK?] ... the, the sources of this crisis ... pause [JUST KEEP GOING, BUDDY] ... the United States certainly has some accounting to do with respect to . . . pause [I'M IN WAY TOO DEEP HERE] ... a regulatory system that was inadequate to the massive changes that have taken place in the global financial system ... pause, close eyes [THIS IS GOING TO GO DOWN LIKE A CROCK OF SHIT BACK HOME. HELP]. I think what is also true is that ... pause [I WANT NICK ROBINSON TO DISAPPEAR] ... here in Great Britain ... pause [SHIT, GORDY'S THE HOST, DON'T LAND HIM IN IT] ... here in continental Europe ... pause [DAMN IT, BLAME EVERYONE.] ... around the world. We were seeing the same mismatch between the regulatory regimes that were in place and er ... pause [I'VE LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT AGAIN] ...

Oh, there's more, click through and read it all.

[VIMH: What's with the language warning? You've never seemed to mind cursing on here before?]
Oh, it wasn't for the cursing. It's that direct exposure to Obama's words can be harmful if digested in large enough quantities.

[VIMH: Yeah but TheVIOH was spectacular!]
I figured you'd say that.

[VIMH: But why does TheVIOH get bold and all caps, and all I get is italics?]
You're not spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment