Thursday, June 17, 2010

You Were Always On My Mind

Obama last week:

"I have not spoken to him directly," Obama said. "Here's the reason. Because my experience is, when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's going to say all the right things to me. I'm not interested in words. I'm interested in actions."

"A little less conversation and a lot more action..."

OK, tough guy.

Obama yesterday:

“I emphasized to the chairman that when he’s talking to shareholders, when he is in meetings in his boardroom, to keep in mind those individuals; that they are desperate; that some of them, if they don’t get relief quickly, may lose businesses that have been in their families for two or three generations,” the president said. “The chairman assured me that he would keep them in mind.”

See? Obama was right! BP execs just said all the right things to him.

And yet . . . Obama seems to have fallen for it.

"You're whispering in my ear...Tell me all the things that I wanna to hear...'cause that's true...That's what I like about you..."

Obama went on:

Mr. Obama said the standard he would be applying “is whether or not those individuals I met with, their family members, those communities that are vulnerable, whether they are uppermost in the minds of all concerned.”

Finally! We have specifics from Obama on how he is going to handle the crisis caused by the spill for those directly affected.

So if you are down on the Gulf coast and worried about your livelihood, fear not: Obama has extracted the assurance from those responsible for the spill, and has vowed to hold himself and all those involved to the standard that they will . . . be thinking about you.

"You were always on my mind.....you were always on my mind..."

Awwww. He’s so sweet. Who says this president can’t connect on an emotional level?

2 comments:

  1. Darn it all Hit. Made me look Hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obama himself is a lot of talk, little action.

    ReplyDelete