Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Obamacare Has Found CheChe

Over at Ace of Spades, we find this...

Daily Kos Diarist: Crikey, I'm Ever So Suprised and Upset to Discover That ObamaCare Has Doubled Me Bloomin' Health Insurance Premium!

And Ace makes this comment:

I haven't seen this much emotion from a Kossack since Che-Che and his perpetually-sobbing daughter.

Did someone say CheChe? I've had fun a couple of times with that CheChe post. Here and here.

Here we are again. Poor CheChe's daughter has been trying to sign up to get her some of that sweet, sweet Obamacare. Only, there may have been a glitch or two.

I don't think I've ever seen such a look of misery and dejection on the face of my daughter as I just did when she tried signing up for Obamacare.

She just couldn't understand why the system kept timing out and error pages kept coming up, when she so desperately needs insurance subsidized by other Americans who actually work for a living. "Doesn’t the Obama administration care about my needs anymore?" she asked pitifully.

I sat down with her on the sofa and (as calmly as I could) tried to explain to her why Obama seems to be abandoning all the promises he made when Obamacare was being passed. "Honey, I am afraid that we have come to the point in our nation’s history when a majority of the people who work in government have become fat, lazy and stupid…exploiting the very citizens who vote to give them the most power - and those in government, from Obama on down, care more about enriching themselves as the country rots from within.”

I tried to keep my voice steady, but it became increasingly difficult - the rage and feelings of helplessness were just too much. I think my daughter could tell something was wrong. I found myself at such a loss for words - nothing made any sense; nothing makes sense anymore. I finally had to admit, "Honey, I just don't know - I don't know what's going on in this country anymore..."

When I finished her lower lip started to tremble and her eyes began to fill with tears, "Daddy" she said, "why is Obama doing this to the country?" Well, that was it for me: I finally fell apart. She just fell into my arms and we both began sobbing for several minutes.

For once she had to comfort me and get me back on my feet. Sometimes I just think it's too much, but seeing the strength in my young daughter's voice helped me to get through.

Heart rending. But it gets worse. CheChe himself just got a letter from his insurance company.

I don't think I've ever seen such a look of misery and dejection on the face of my father as I just did when he just opened the letter from Kaiser Permanente.

My dad, known to all of you as CheChe, just couldn't understand why his insurance policy which he's had for nearly a decade had been cancelled, and the premiums for alternative they were offering were double what he had been paying. And the deductible had been tripled. "Doesn’t Obama care about us anymore?" he asked pitifully.

I sat down with him on the sofa and (as calmly as I could) tried to explain to him why the President seems to be abandoning him. "Daddy, I am afraid that in order to give free healthcare to everyone, someone has to pay. I'm not sure how this works, but apparently my right to get free birth control affects the cost of your insurance. I don't know why. It's not at all what Obama told us."

I tried to keep my voice steady, but it became increasingly difficult - the rage and feelings of helplessness were just too much. I think my dad could tell something was wrong. I found myself at such a loss for words - nothing made any sense; nothing makes sense anymore. I finally had to admit, "Daddy, I just don't know - I don't know what's going on in this country anymore..."

When I finished dad's lower lip started to tremble and his eyes began to fill with tears, "Honey" he said, "why has Obama done this to the country?" Well, that was it for me: I finally fell apart. He just fell into my arms and we both began sobbing for several minutes.

For once he had to comfort me and get me back on my feet. Sometimes I just think it's too much, but seeing the strength in my daddy's voice helped me to get through.

Here's a dirty little secret: they're both still enthusiastic about Hillary 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment