Friday, April 5, 2013

I Called On Obama To Bow Out For Exactly This Reason

The effort to resist saying I Told You So is not strong enough. Michelle Obama said this:

First lady Michelle Obama slipped up in a local TV interview Thursday and accidentally called herself a “single mother.”

“Believe me, as a busy single mother– or, I shouldn’t say single, as a busy mother. Sometimes, you know, when you’ve got a husband who is president, it can feel a little single. But he’s there,” Mrs. Obama told Vermont CBS affiliate WCAX.

Four years ago, I said this:

I call on Obama to bow out

Here's wife Michelle on the campaign trail:

But seriously, with the exception of the campaign trail and life in the public eye, I have to say that my life now is not really that much different from many of yours. I wake up every morning wondering how on earth I am going to pull off that next minor miracle to get through the day. I know that everybody in this room is going through this. That is the dilemma women face today. Every woman that I know, regardless of race, education, income, background, political affiliation, is struggling to keep her head above water. We try to convince ourselves that somehow doing it all is a badge of honor, but for many of us it is a necessity and we have to be very careful not to lose ourselves in the process. More often than not, we as women, are the primary caretakers in our households, scheduling babysitters, planning play dates, keeping up with regular doctor’s appointments; this was my week last week, supervising homework, handing our discipline. Usually we are the ones in charge of keeping the household together. I know you men, I know that you guys try to do your part, but the reality is that we’re doing it, right? (laughter and applause) Laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping, home repairs. You know Barack has my back, he’s right there with me, feels my pain, and all that. (laughter)

If she thinks it's hard out there as the wife of a Senator and the wife of a Presidential candidate, just think of the demands of being first lady. And the strains of having your husband and your kids' father being President. If she thinks raising her family is hard now, if she thinks she can barely keep her head above water now, she in no way should think that she could make it with Barack in the White House.

Besides, in Hillary's America, she will have a village to help raise her kids.

And if there one thing we've learned from her whining, it's that Michelle needs a village to raise her kids.

Yes, Michelle needs Hillary.

For the children.

For the love of God, won't somebody think of the children!

See, I did think of them. But nooooo, no one listened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment