Thursday, May 10, 2012

Who Would Have Guessed That Not Everyone In Hollywood Likes Obama's Class Warfare?

I'd like to say "I hate to say 'I told you so'", but I'm not sure I can in good conscience.

Comedian Jon Lovitz doesn't like Obama. He's made his view very, very clear:

"This whole thing with Obama saying the rich don’t pay their taxes is f**king bulls**t. And I voted for the guy and I’m a Democrat. What a f**king a**hole."*

“First they say … ‘You can do anything you want. Go for it.’ So then you go for it, and then you make it, and everyone’s like, ‘F**k you,’” Lovitz said. “[Obama] is the perfect example. He’s amazing. He had nothing … and the guy ends up being at Harvard. He’s the president of the United States. And now he’s like, ‘F**k me and everybody who made it like me.’”

He defended his words on Piers Morgan's show on CNN, leading AllahPundit to ask:

Exit question: Near the end, he tells Morgan that a lot of his Hollywood pals are disenchanted with Obama. Really? He means that they’re disenchanted because O isn’t quite liberal enough, right?

Fair question. But then via Hot Air we find that Lovitz went on Bill O'Reilly's show last night. I don't readily see a transcript available, so let me do it myself...

O'Reilly: The reaction to live in Hollywood, you know you're in the show business world -- most people there support Barack Obama, and they not only support him, they idolize him. What kind of reaction have you gotten from this?

Lovitz: Well, almost everybody agrees with me ... and most of my friends are Democrats, you know I'm a Democrat, but yeah, they agree. They say, "hey, I work really hard and pay a lot of taxes," because it's not true. And I think it's just a divisive way to appeal to the masses to get votes. And it's just blatant and obvious.


O'Reilly: So you haven't taken any heat from the pinheads out there? And they're secretly, steathily supporting you.

Lovitz: My career ... I'm getting job offers left and right -- it's having no effect.

This prompts AllahPundit to respond:

the answer to the lingering question in my post yesterday about what Lovitz meant when he said his celebrity pals had soured on O. I took that to be a standard liberal critique: They elected Obama to raise taxes and institute single-payer and bring home all the troops immediately, blah blah blah. Not so, if you believe JL. Turns out rich leftists, at least of the Hollywood variety, aren’t thrilled with the class-warfare demagoguery lately either.

Looks like a pretty good time to put up the video I put together after Obama's infamous "But I do think at a certain point, you've made enough money."

No comments:

Post a Comment