Saturday, September 6, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: Oprah has PMS

Oh, no, not that. Not that at all.

We believe it was The Anchoress who came up with the new locution:

Roger Kimball: From BDS to PDS, no, Sarah is a girl. She can’t give them PDS. She gives them PMS: Palin Madness Syndrome. In fact, that is what I think we should start calling the press: The PMS Media!

Palin Madness Syndrome.

There's a lot we don't yet know about this syndrome, but, unfortunately for America, PMS seems to be highly contagious:

“The item in today’s Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over.” – Oprah Winfrey, September 5, 2008

Now, to be honest, we don't believe that Oprah should be bullied into putting Palin on her show. It's her show, it's her choice. As long as Oprah realizes the cost it may have to her in viewership, she can make any decision she wants.

And let's be honest. We think that Oprah will be strong enough to stand her ground and ignore Sarah Palin.

Unlike Barack Obama.

Odd, that. For Oprah, ignoring Sarah Palin is against her own self-interest, yet she by all appearances is willing and able to do so. For Obama, ignoring Sarah Palin is in his self interest, yet he by all appearances is either not willing or not able to do so.



No comments:

Post a Comment