Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hillary's Convention Speech

Oh you can go all sorts of places to get analysis and opinions on Hillary's speech at the Democratic Convention last night.

But you come here to find out what everyone else missed!

Oh, you bet, we missed it too, but you know who didn't? Our sister-in-law -- the most wonderful sister-in-law in the world.

Let's go to the transcript, behold, Hillary:

Tonight, I ask you to remember what a presidential election is really about. When the polls have closed and the ads are finally off the air, it comes down to you, the American people, and your lives, and your children's futures.

For me, it's been a privilege to meet you in your homes, your workplaces, and your communities. [...]

You taught me so much, and you made me laugh, and, yes, you even made me cry. [...]

I will always be grateful to everyone from all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the territories...(APPLAUSE)

... who joined our campaign on behalf of all those people left out and left behind by the Bush administration. To my supporters, to my champions, to my sisterhood of the traveling pantsuits... (APPLAUSE)

... from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Thank you, because you never gave in and you never gave up. And together we made history.

You tell me that "50 states" had noting to do with Obama. Riiiight...

You want unity? Oh, she's got your unity right here, Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment