Friday, May 9, 2008

The united 60 states of America

I usually don't grab what I think are going to be the big, widely circulated and most commentatoriated items. I crave obscurity! But this probably will get a lot of play -- and -- I can't stay away from it.

This is via
DrewM at Ace of Spades (and I note that it is DrewM, because I mixed he and Ace up in an email earlier today).





Obama's been to 57 states. One left to go. OK, 58 states. Besides Alaska and Hawaii, though -- so, 60 states total. Sixty states. Got it.

Obama from his 2004 Democratic National Convention speech:


The pundits like to slice-and-dice our country into Red States and Blue States; Red States for Republicans, Blue States for
Democrats.


And presumptive Democratic nominee likes to slice and dice 50 states and make them 60.

So, here is the new United States Flag Under President Barack Obama:




obama_flag




UPDATE: NO! I will not sully the name of Johnny Cash by equating Obama's statements with the classic Cash song "I've Been Everywhere". But I will use it to
ridicule Obama for his statement.



Because I think that's what Johnny would have wanted.

5 comments:

  1. Just as long as I don't have to wear that on my lapel! your friend, Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. His chief political advisor is Nelson Muntz: "six white stripes, seven red stripes, and a helluva lot of stars!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I'm surprised Obama even recognizes states.

    Aren't states, well, divisive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, helloooooo Jeff Dobbs . . . states are NOT divisive, they are a Distraction! C'mon, get with the program already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, states may be a distraction, but it's those borders that are divisive.

    Why are gas prices higher here in NC than VA and SC?

    Divisiveness!

    ReplyDelete