Sunday, March 9, 2008

Don't forget the potluck tonight at 6

Good morning and welcome. Please take a minute, find someone near you and say hello.
...
Please open your hymnals and turn to page 352 as we begin this morning's worship. Let us stand and sing.
...

Barack of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the change and let the hope,
From Thy blessed mouth which flowed,
Be my cynicism's cure;
Save my soul and make me pure.

While I live and while I breathe,
When mine eyes shall close in sleep,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee in Thy glorious hope,
Barack of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

Now please turn with me to page 294 as we continue to worship
...

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Obama's change and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on hope and change.
On heights of my Barack I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His change and in His hope,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
On heights of my Barack I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.


You may be seated.

4 comments:

  1. God is gonna get you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarice and Hit sitting in a tree, l.a.f.f.i.n.g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obama, Obama, Obama in the highest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All hail Nikolae Carpathia!

    Ok, now that the service is over I will ask that everyone head to the basement for coffee-cake, Hi-C and your loyalty tattoo.

    ReplyDelete