Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Moving way beyond hollow

The American Prospect sits down with Team Obama to get to the heart of The Obama Doctrine:

They envision a doctrine that first ends the politics of fear and then moves beyond a hollow, sloganeering "democracy promotion" agenda...

Good. The prospect of hollow sloganeering is practically unbearable. They continue:

...in favor of "dignity promotion," to fix the conditions of misery that breed anti-Americanism and prevent liberty, justice, and prosperity from taking root.

Sure. That is certainly moving beyond mere hollow sloganeering.

It is an audacious move into utterly vacuous sloganeering.




dig•ni•ty
Pronunciation: \ˈdig-nə-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural dig•ni•ties
Etymology: Middle English dignete, from Anglo-French digneté, from Latin dignitat-, dignitas, from dignus
Date: 13th century

1: the quality or state of being worthy, honored, or esteemed




Obama: "Well, Mr. Foreign Citizen, those negative thoughts are your critical inner thoughts saying those bad things to you, and I want you to replace those negative thoughts with someting positive - a daily affirmation."

Foreign Citizen: "Affirmation?"

Obama: "Yes. Now, look in the mirror. Come on, don't look at me. Only you can help you. That's it. Say, "Hello, Mr. Foreign Citizen."

Foreign Citizen: "Hello, Mr. Foreign Citizen."

Obama: "I don't have to be a brilliant thinker."

Foreign Citizen: "I don't have to be a brilliant thinker.."

Obama: "I don't have to give rousing speeches, or change people’s lives.."

Foreign Citizen: "I don't have to give rousing speeches, or change people’s lives.."

Obama: "Because all I have to do is be the best Foreign Citizen I can be."

Foreign Citizen: "All I have to do is be the best Foreign Citizen I can be."

Obama: "Because I'm worthy enough, I'm honored enough, and doggonit, people esteem me!"

Foreign Citizen: "Because I'm worthy enough, I'm honored enough, and doggonit, people esteem me!"

Obama: "Now don’t you feel better?"

Foreign Citizen: ...

No comments:

Post a Comment