Everyone by now is becoming familiar with Michelle Obama's view of life in America...
- For the first time in her adult life she is proud of her country.
- Every woman she knows is struggling to keep her head above water.
- Her life's gotten progressively worse since she was a little girl.
- Barack will demand that we shed our cynicism, and he will never allow us to go back to our uninvolved lives.
- We live in a country that's just downright mean.
- America has declined over her lifetime.
A modern day prophetess, she is a voice of one calling in the desert -- a desolate land of immense struggle we call America.
An America in which you don't live with the audacity of hope, you just try to muster...
The Audacity of Cope
UPDATE: Don Surber finds that the Obamas live in John Edwards's America. He points to Jack Kelly who quotes Michelle as saying: “We spend between the two kids, on extracurriculars outside the classroom, we’re spending about $10,000 a year on piano and dance and sports supplements. And summer programs… Do you know what summer camp costs?”
I honestly have no idea how she copes. Only a five-figure budget for her kids' extracurricular activities? It's audacious.
(And thank you Mr. Surber for the link!)