Saturday, March 1, 2008

That was then, this is now

Obama on the pre-campaign trail in 2006:

I think what people might point to is our different assessments of the war in Iraq, although I’m always careful to say that I wasnot in the Senate, so perhaps the reason I thought it was such a bad idea was that I didn’t have the benefit of U.S. intelligence. And, for those who did, it might have led to a different set of choices. So that might be something that sort of is obvious. But, again, we were in different circumstances at that time: I was running for the U.S. Senate, she had to take a vote, and casting votes is always a difficult test. (h/t Syl)

Obama on the campaign trail today:

"Real change isn't voting for George Bush's war in Iraq and then telling the American people it was actually a vote for more diplomacy when you start running for president," Obama said. "The title of the bill was 'A Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq.'

Obama sure was magnanimous as the insurgent candidate of hope back in 2006. As the frontrunner candidate of hope, he seems so much more, what's the word...oh, yes...cynicial.

No comments:

Post a Comment